RI Hot Yoga COVID-19 Policies
At Rhode Island Hot Yoga, we work hard to follow all COVID-19 guidelines required by the Rhode Island Department of Health. Here is a summary of our latest policies (updated 10/29/20):
~ CHANGES TO CLASSES ~
- All classes are limited to a maximum of 10 students in order to maintain 6+ feet of space between all individuals. We have visually marked out the spacing for the yoga mats in the room.
- Students must pre-register for all classes, and must bring their own yoga equipment.
- Teachers will not offer any hands-on adjustments and will maintain social distancing throughout class.
~ FACE COVERINGS ~
- Staff and students must wear face coverings at all times, including during classes.
- All face coverings should fit well and cover the nose and mouth. (No loose bandanas or neck gaiters, please!)
- If you sweat heavily, please bring a couple of masks so that you can change your mask midway through class. A good quality, light-weight material makes all the difference!
~ SCHEDULING & COMMON SPACES~
- We have reduced our lobby hours and we are open for only 15 minutes before and after each class.
- The studio is closed for 30 minutes after every class, so that we have sufficient time to air out the space and prepare for the next group.
- We've marked off social distancing spaces in our common areas and established a one-way flow of traffic into and out of the yoga room.
- Due to the difficulty of maintaining proper distancing, our locker rooms and showers are closed. We have set up shelves in the open lobby space where students can leave their belonging, and single occupancy restrooms are available for changing.
~ CLEANING AND DISINFECTING ~
- We maintain proper ventilation in our practice spaces, and we use high quality air purifiers to maintain our indoor air quality.
- We clean and disinfect all high touch surfaces after every class, including the yoga room floor, door handles, bathroom counters, and other common area surfaces.
- We maintain CDC cleanliness and sanitation guidelines, and all staff are trained in our new cleaning protocols.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 policies, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if there is anything you think we can do better! Safety is our goal!